This page includes information about the SAG Portfolio Planning Process held from September 2015 to September 2016.
The objective of the SAG Portfolio Planning Process was to reach as much consensus as possible on issues related to Illinois Energy Efficiency Portfolio Plans prior to the Program Administrator Plan filings for approval by the Illinois Commerce Commission in fall 2016. Illinois Program Administrators that participated in the Portfolio Planning Process included Ameren Illinois, ComEd, the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, Nicor Gas, and Peoples Gas & North Shore Gas. The Portfolio Planning Process was held from September 2015 to September 2016. Large group SAG meetings were held from September 2015 to May 2016. Negotiation meetings between Illinois Program Administrators and non-financially interested parties were held from June to September 2016.
The SAG Facilitation Team prepared a Portfolio Planning Process Report following conclusion of this process, describing key elements to the process and recommendations to consider in the future. In November 2016, following utilities filing Energy Efficiency Portfolio Plans with the Commission for approval, the Future Energy Jobs Act passed the Illinois legislature and necessitated a second Planning Process in 2017. Click here to review information about the 2017 Planning Process.
- Flow Chart (final draft, updated 12/31/15)
- Project Plan Overview (final draft, updated 12/31/15)
- Attachments to Project Plan (final draft, updated 12/31/15)
2016 EE Plan Filing Dates
- Electric EE Plans: On or before September 1.
- Gas EE Plans: On or before October 1.
- Existing Program Performance Template
- Proposed New Program Idea Template (tab 1) and Proposed Program Change Template (tab 2)
- Proposed Policy Template
- High-Level Portfolio Template (includes illustrative data)
- Individual Program EE Plan Template