Download the SAG Tracking Open Issues Spreadsheet (updated 10/1/15) for Action Items from meetings held in 2015. The TRC Subcommittee is currently inactive.
TRC Subcommittee Report:
Follow-up documents (added 11/2/2015):
- Massachusetts Program Administrators Final Report – Commercial and Industrial Non-Energy Impacts Study. Tetra Tech. June 28, 2012.
- Considering the Inclusion of NEBs in IL TRM for Single and Multi-family Whole Building Retrofit Programs: The Issue of Measure-Based NEBs. Work Paper. Skumatz Economic Research Associates, Inc. July 31, 2015.
Meeting #8 – Tuesday, October 6 (1:00 – 3:00 pm Teleconference)
- Memo on Interactive Effects: DRAFT Proposal for Savings and Cost-Effectiveness Treatment to Illinois SAG; Interactive Effects Presentation: Draft IL AG Proposal (Phil Mosenthal, Optimal Energy, on behalf of IL AG)
- Discount Rates Overview(Phil Mosenthal, Optimal Energy, on behalf of IL AG)
- Follow-up:Energy Efficiency Cost-Effectiveness Screening. Regulatory Assistance Project and Synapse Energy Economics, Inc. November 2012. (See Appendix B: Choice of Discount Rate)
Meeting #7 – Tuesday, September 1 (1:00 – 3:30 pm at MEEA)
- 2016 IPA Procurement Plan Incremental Energy Efficiency Overview presentation
- Attendee List and Meeting Notes
Meeting #6 – Tuesday, July 21 (Teleconference)
- Overall Impacts to TRC– Chris Neme, Energy Futures Group, on behalf of NRDC
- Non-Energy Benefits (NEBs) – Annette Beitel, EE SAG Facilitator – no presentation
- Additional TRC Issues (Interactive Effects; Dual Baselines) – Jennifer Morris, ICC Staff (Background documents: Updated Issue/Response Tracking Document; Dual Baselines Examples)
- TRC Reports – no presentation
- Attendee List and Meeting Notes
Meeting #5 – Wednesday, July 8 (Teleconference)
- Discussion of DRIPE and follow-up reports from 6/16 meeting. Updated DRIPE Comparison Exhibit to be circulated for discussion prior to the 9/22 meeting.
Meeting #4 – Tuesday, June 16
- Updated draft DRIPE Comparison Exhibit
- Draft TRC Subcommittee Report
- Memo: Non-Energy Benefits in Other Jurisdictions; Tables 1 and 2; presentation
- Fixed Administrative Costs Example (NRDC)
- Attendee List and Meeting Notes/Action Items
Follow-up Reports for Review:
- Avoided Energy Supply Costs in New England: 2015 Report. Prepared for the Avoided-Energy-Supply-Component (AESC) Study Group. March 27, 2015; revised April 3, 2015.See Chapter 7 for DRIPE discussion.
- Avoided Energy Costs in Maryland – Assessment of the Costs Avoided through Energy Efficiency and Conservation Measures in Maryland. Final Report, April 2014. Exeter Associates, Inc.
- Annual Report: The Costs and Benefits of Renewable Resource Procurement in Illinois Under the Illinois Power Agency and Illinois Public Utilities Act. Illinois Power Agency, March 2012. Submitted to the Illinois General Assembly and Illinois Commerce Commission.
Non-Energy Benefits Sources:
- A National Survey of State Policies and Practices for the Evaluation of Ratepayer-Funded Energy Efficiency Programs. Report Number U122. February 2012. Martin Kushler, Seth Nowak, and Patty Witte. American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE).
- Addressing Non-Energy Benefits in the Cost-Effectiveness Framework. California Public Utilities Commission, 2012.
- Picking a Standard: Implications of Differing TRC Requirements. The Cadmus Group, 2012.
- Non-Energy Benefits: Status, Findings, Next Steps, and Implications for Low Income Program Analyses. Skumatz Economic Research Associates, May 2010.
- Memorandum from Walter Poor, Department of Vermont Public Service, to Susan Hudson, Vermont Public Service Board, RE Department of Public Service Comments in the Cost-Effectiveness Screening of Efficiency Measures Workshop Process Related to Non-Energy Benefits, Discount Rate, Risk Adjustment, and Low-Income Adders. State of Vermont Department of Public Service. December 9, 2011.
- Appendix C, Massachusetts Technical Reference Manual for Estimating Savings from Energy Efficiency Measures. 2013-2015 Program Years – Plan Version, October 2012.
- Massachusetts Program Administrators, Massachusetts Special and Cross-Sector Studies Area, Residential and Low-Income Non-Energy Impacts (NEI) Evaluation. August 15, 2011. Tetra Tech.
- Energy Efficiency Cost-Effectiveness Screening: How to Properly Account for ‘Other Program Impacts’ and Environmental Compliance Costs. Synapse Energy Economics, Inc.; Regulatory Assistance Project.
- A Brief Overview of Benefit-Cost Testing for Energy Efficiency Programs: Current Status and Some Key Issues. Presentation to the NASUCA 2014 Mid-Year Meeting, June 3, 2014 (Martin Kushler, ACEEE).
- Recognizing the Full Value of Energy Efficiency (What’s Under the Feel-Good Frosting of the World’s Most Valuable Layer Cake of Benefits). Jim Lazar and Ken Colburn, Regulatory Assistance Project (RAP), September 2013.
Meeting #3 – Tuesday, May 5 Teleconference (9:00 am – Noon)
Meeting #2 – Tuesday, March 17 (11:00 am – 4:30 pm)
- TRC Issues in Current and Proposed Legislation (Annette Beitel, SAG Facilitator)
- Status of DRIPE Issue (Annette Beitel, SAG Facilitator) – no presentation
- Issue: Should IPA run its own C/E calculations? (Anthony Star, Illinois Power Agency) – no presentation
- Illinois Cost-Effectiveness Screening Issues (Chris Neme, Energy Futures Group, on behalf of NRDC); Non-Energy Benefits (NEBs) – Consideration of Values for Illinois (Lisa Skumatz, SERA)
- Marginal vs. Average Line Losses (Keith Goerss, Ameren IL; Chris Neme, Energy Futures Group, on behalf of NRDC) – no presentation
- Administrative Costs:Tracking Administrative Costs (Keith Goerss, Ameren IL)
- Additional discussion: Other TRC Issues (Jennifer Morris, ICC Staff) – no presentation
Meeting #1 – Tuesday, February 17 (10:30 am – 4:30 pm)
- Draft Subcommittee Plan
- Draft DRIPE Comparison Exhibit(updated Monday, 2/16)
- DRIPE Presentation on behalf of NRDC (Paul Chernick, Resource Insight); revised graphic (modifying NorthBridge p.3)– discussed at 1/27/15 Large Group SAG Meeting
DRIPE Presentation on behalf of ComEd (Scott Fisher, NorthBridge Group) – discussed at 1/27/15 Large Group SAG Meeting
- ICC Staff Presentation on DRIPE (David Brightwell, ICC Staff)
- DRIPE Adoption/Rejection by Other Jurisdictions (Roger Baker, ComEd)
- Non-Energy Benefits (Chris Neme, Energy Futures Group, on behalf of NRDC)
- Additional documents: Draft DRIPE Comparison Exhibit (with NorthBridge/ComEd comments)
- Reference documents:Holcombe on Pecuniary Externalities
- Attendee List
- Draft DRIPE Comparison Exhibit(Comments due by COB on Wednesday, 4/1. An updated version of this document will be circulated for review following this date).
- Draft DRIPE Q&A Document (Responses to open questions due by COB on Wednesday, 4/1. An updated version of this document will be circulated for review following this date).