The purpose of the Evaluation Working Group is to discuss evaluation questions that are more technical in nature and may not be of interest to all large group SAG participants. This Working Group is new, established in 2021. Meetings will be planned on an as-needed basis.
Working Group Participation
Participation in the Evaluation Working Group is open to all, unless a topic may present a financial conflict of interest. Please contact the SAG Facilitator to join this Working Group: [email protected]
2021 Working Group Meetings
- Wednesday, July 14 Meeting
- Additional meetings will be scheduled on an as-needed basis
Evaluation Working Group Tracker
The purpose of the Evaluation Topic Tracker is to track topics and open questions that may need to be discussed by the Working Group.
Status of Open Evaluation Questions
- Evaluation Treatment of Business Closures
- Following the November 2020 small group SAG meeting, five business closure approaches were circulated for review, with comments due in December 2020.
- SAG did not reach consensus on the policy for evaluation treatment of business closures.
- Due to lack of consensus at this time, the SAG Facilitator prepared a Comparison Exhibit and Summary of Next Steps, if a business closure issues arises during the evaluation process for 2020 programs: Evaluation Treatment of Business Closures: Approaches Proposed, Comparison Exhibit, and Next Steps
- Evaluation Treatment of Heating Penalties and Negative Savings
- Following the November small group SAG meeting, policy resolution was circulated for comment to document proposed consensus: Heating Penalties and Negative Savings (Policy Resolution)
- The following document describes the four questions discussed in 2020, proposed resolution with edits in redline, and comments received from interested parties: Evaluation Treatment of Heating Penalties and Negative Savings: SAG Edits and Comments Received (updated 3/10/2021)
- Next Steps:
- Several participants shared edits to the latest proposed policy resolution in March 2021 – click here to download the final draft (updated 3/24/2021).
- Due to a request from an interested party, a follow-up discussion will be held on proposed policy resolution before finalizing.
Recent Small Group SAG Meetings
- 2021 Small Group SAG Meeting
- Monday, February 22 Meeting: Discussed how ongoing engagement should affect persistence in business programs; introduced savings normalization options for 2021
- 2020 Small Group SAG Meetings
- Several small group SAG meetings were held from June to November 2020, to discuss open evaluation issues related to COVID-19 impacts and other evaluation questions. Going forward, technical evaluation questions will be discussed by the Evaluation Working Group.
- For additional information, review: Background on 2020 SAG Evaluation Questions
- 2020 Small Group SAG Meetings:
- June 11, 2020 Meeting: Discuss evaluation impacts due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- August 24, 2020 Meeting: Follow-up discussion on COVID-19 evaluation impacts; discuss resolution of the option the evaluators will use to count 2020 custom savings
- November 13, 2020 Meeting: Discuss potential evaluation treatment of business closures; discuss questions raised by Guidehouse on treatment of negative savings by evaluation