The purpose of the SAG Midstream-Upstream Working Group is to provide a forum to discuss midstream and upstream energy efficiency program designs in an effort to identify measure(s) that will allow utilities to claim higher electric and gas saving at lower cost for the 2022-2025 Energy Efficiency Plans being developed by Illinois utilities in 2020.
Stakeholders will have an opportunity to present midstream and/or upstream program or measure proposal(s) for utility consideration in the 2022-2025 EE Plans. The Midstream-Upstream Working Group will report-back to the large group SAG, as needed.
2020 Working Group Schedule
- Friday, March 6 Teleconference Meeting
- Tuesday, April 28 Teleconference Meeting
- Tuesday, June 2 Teleconference Meeting
2020 Working Group Plan
- 2019 Building Decarbonization Workshop (California CPUC and California Energy Commission): Supply Chain Strategies Presentation. Howard Merson, VEIC. April 8, 2019.
- 2018 ACEEE Summer Study: Five Years and Beyond with Supply Chain Engagement: What’s Next with Upstream and Midstream? Howard C. Merson, VEIC; Brian Barnacle, Daniel Cornejo and Chris Burmester, Energy Solutions; John Terborgh and Frances Huessy, VEIC.
- Gain Steam, Go Midstream! Distributor-Focused Residential HVAC and Water Heater Incentives. 2017 ENERGY STAR Products Partner Meeting, October 2017, Chicago, IL
- Rapid Adoption of Energy-Efficient Products through Midstream Interventions. 2017 ACEEE Hot Water Forum (Session 5D: Market Madness, Coordinating Supply Chain Players on the HPWH Court). Water Heating, Distribution, and Use Efficiency; Portland, Ore., February 26 – 28, 2017.
- Overview of a National Distributed Products Platform Effort to Promote Heat Pump Water Heaters Midstream. 2017 ACEEE Hot Water Forum (Session 4D: Unique Program Approaches in the Market); Portland, Ore., February 26 – 28, 2017.
- 2016 ACEEE Summer Study: Driving Upstream Markets through Strategic Partnerships & Excellence in Supply Chain Management. Howard Merson, VEIC. August 23, 2016 Presentation.
- 2016 Presentation to SAG: Energize Connecticut Upstream Residential HVAC and Water Heating Program. Jennifer Parsons, United Illuminating, Southern Connecticut Gas, and Connecticut Natural Gas.