Policy Manual Version 1.1 – Effective January 1, 2018
- Click here to download Illinois Energy Efficiency Policy Manual Version 1.1.
Policy Manual Version 2.0 – Effective January 1, 2022
- Click here to download Illinois Energy Efficiency Policy Manual Version 2.0.
- Version 2.0 has an effective date of January 1, 2022, however there are a number of policies with an effective date of January 1, 2020.
- Redline Policy Manual Version 2.0, Compared to Version 1.1
- SAG Facilitator Memo: Summary of Substantive Changes to Policy Manual Version 2.0 (November 2019)
The Illinois Attorney General’s Office requested the development of an “Illinois energy efficiency Policy Manual” in the 2014-2017 EE Plan dockets. In the Final Commission Orders approving the three-year gas and electric energy efficiency plans covering June 2014 through May 2017, the Commission directed the utilities to work with SAG to complete an Illinois Energy Efficiency Policy Manual.
- A Policy Manual Subcommittee was formed in summer 2014 to discuss and reach agreement on an Illinois Policy Manual. Meetings were held from July 2014 to July 2015 to develop the first version of the Policy Manual. Policy Manual Version 1.0 was approved by the Commission in December 2015.
- Policy Manual Version 1.1 was developed in spring 2017 and approved by the Commission in October 2017, to incorporate updates needed due to the passage of the Future Energy Jobs Act.
- Policy Manual Version 2.0 was developed from September 2018 to September 2019, to incorporate various new policies and policy updates proposed by interested Policy Manual Subcommittee participants. Version 2.0 has been finalized by the Policy Manual Subcommittee and is pending approval by the Commission.
Policy Manual Update Process
- Participation: The Policy Manual is updated through the SAG Policy Manual Subcommittee. Participation in the Subcommittee is open to all interested SAG participants. Contact the SAG Facilitator ([email protected]) if you are interested in joining the Policy Manual Subcommittee.
- Meeting Materials: Due to the draft nature of policy materials considered within the Policy Manual Subcommittee, agendas and meeting materials are circulated directly to participants instead of being posted on the SAG website.
- Update Process: The Policy Manual is updated on an as-needed basis. The latest Policy Manual update process was completed in September 2019, with a Policy Manual effective date of January 1, 2022.
ICC Docket References
- ICC Directives to Utilities to develop the Policy Manual: See Ameren IL Final Order, ICC Docket No. 13-0498 (p. 129); ComEd Final Order, ICC Docket No. 13-0495 (p. 130); DCEO Final Order, ICC Docket No. 13-0499 (p. 23); Nicor Gas Final Order, ICC Docket No. 13-0549 (p. 57-58); and Peoples Gas-North Shore Gas Final Order, ICC Docket No. 13-0550 (p. 56).
- Approval of Policy Manual Version 1.0: See ICC Docket No. 15-0487, Petition to approve an Illinois Energy Efficiency Policy Manual
- Approval of Policy Manual Version 1.1: See ICC Docket No. 17-0270, Adoption of the Policy Document for the Illinois Statewide Technical Reference Manual for Energy Efficiency Version 2.0 and the Illinois Energy Efficiency Policy Manual Version 1.1
- Approval of Policy Manual Version 2.0: See ICC Docket No. 19-0983, Petition to Approve Illinois Energy Efficiency Policy Documents